How to Complete a form W-4 and avoid owing at tax time. Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate, is an IRS tax form that an employee gives an employer so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay.

I often get questions on why people owe money at tax time, and it’s primarily due to insufficient Federal withholding from one’s job, or place of employment. In this video, I’ll do my best to simplify this seemingly complicated tax form.

If you’re someone who owes money at tax time, and wants to figure out how to adjust your W-4 so that you don’t owe the IRS, I’ll share my simplified method to easily calculate and adjust your W-4 so that you don’t owe at tax time and even get money back from the IRS.

If you enjoy this video, please like and share this video. Don’t forget to subscribe to this channel for more updates.

Do you have questions about How to Complete a W4 and Avoid Owing at Tax Time? I’m an Illinois licensed, Registered Certified Public Accountant with over 25 years of experience. I’m dedicated to providing outstanding tax and accounting services to individuals and small businesses in the Chicago area.

I just started a Free Facebook Group where you can get your tax or business questions answered, not just by me. There are lots of well qualified tax and accounting professionals already in the group. Click here to join!

Disclaimer: Any accounting, business or tax advice contained in this article, is not intended as a thorough, in-depth analysis of specific issues, nor a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties. If desired, I would be pleased to perform the requisite research and provide you with a detailed written analysis. Such an engagement may be the subject of a separate engagement letter that would define the scope and limits of the desired consultation services.

Scroll to Top